Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Let me introduce myself

Hello to those I know and hopefully people who find this blog and enjoy my cynical sense of humor and love- hate relationship with just about everything :)

I am a 28 year old mother of the most adorable 5 month old baby boy and 7 year old black lab mix.  I have an amazing husband who has been my partner in crime for the last 13 years (high school sweethearts if you are doing the math).  He works nights protecting the streets as a law enforcement officer and I work during the school year as a school psychologist.

We live in a pretty small town in Minnesota but I grew up in an even smaller town and wouldn't have it any other way.  There is just something to be said about being able to go places and at least running into one person you know!  Of course, the downside is the limited access to the things in life I love.  Luckily there is a bigger city just 35 minutes away.  The only way Sioux Falls could make me happier is if they rebuilt the mall and Babies R Us on huge east side of town and got a Whole Foods... Just saying. I also tend to be an online shopping guru.  I have learned to immediately delete emails from any major retailer or I will blow through our budget in a minute.  

This blog is about the 5 Fs in my life- faith, family, friends, finance, and fitness. Oh and any other random things that I can think of to post along the way :). 

My husband and I have been semi- following Dave Ramsey's get out of debt plan since September 2012 as a way to get rid of my student loans (4 years of undergrad and 3 years of grad school with no sense of saving money was not good to me) and our car payments.  We have managed to pay off both cars so far as well as about $30,000 in student loan debt as well as doing some major projects around the house and having our beautiful baby.  So even though we don't follow the rules all the time, I am proud of the the progress we have made.

As far as fitness goes, let's just say it's the bane of my existence.  I want to be the girl who loves to work out, run, and eat healthy but I am just a lot happier sitting on the couch with a container of Oreos watching the Real Housewives.  So if you read this, you get to join me as I conquer that battle... With an infant at home.  Did  I say conquer?  I think I meant tread water..... 

I hope you enjoy this little blog and a glimpse into my wonderful but entirely crazy life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment