Monday, January 4, 2016

Day 2 of the refresh and the migraine that did me in....

There is just something magical about being at your mom's house.... There is nothing to be done because it's not your house. And those little things that only a woman knows need to be done... Yup already doing them before you ask. 

Woke up and drank my water in bed (that my mom had left on the nightstand or I would have forgotten it!) while Lucas and I watched some George.  We eventually crawled out of the warm, comfy bed and faced the day.


Mixed up my Shakeology with some strawberry and split a banana with Lucas. 

Had some tea while Lucas and I built ducks out of Legos and played train. No picture of my Fiber Sweep because I drank it on the road to my nephew's wrestling match. I don't think I had enough water because it wasn't as smooth as yesterday.... Chug it, chug it!

My nephew got 2nd but apparently the tournament wasn't run very well so his next match being in 30 minutes turned into over an hour... I was so hungry by the time we got back to my mom's.... I was definitely licking my fingers from the piece of pizza I fed Lucas at the match.

I ate my carrots and hummus in my mom's driveway (and took this picture- don't use your phone while you drive!) and drank my Vanilla Fresh and ate my apple while I drive home because Lucas passed out from the school to my mom's.


When we got home I had some celery with almond butter- a teaspoon and a half doesn't go as far as I would like, but it was filling. 


After snack time, I had to throw together supper because we had a surprise birthday party to go to for my man of honor... Yes I had a man of honor instead of a maid or matron. Can't believe we are all turning 30.... Time is going too fast!

I had planned to make the Cucumber and Tomato Salad but the Spinach Salad was so good, I made it again. And again, I could NOT eat it all and I didn't even have the optional broth with it. 

The party was so much fun- A little different than our previous parties with these little tots running around but they brought us a lot of laughs. Lucas is the oldest with Eli coming in 2 months later and Olive turning 1 on Thursday.... They all weigh about the same! I swear, my little peanut packs the food away. Oh to have his metabolism! 

I was so proud of myself for resisting the taco bar, fruit tray, cookies and cake. Al of those things could have been incorporated into my 21 day fix but since I was doing the refresh, I stuck to it.

Until the drive home. When the headache hit. And lights started to hurt. And then my stomach was turning and I was bent over with nausea.

And I ate a whole damn sleeve of Saltines. And I do not regret it. Because if I hadn't, I would have puked. And going off the refresh was better than puking in my world.

Does it suck that it happened? Yup. Am I going to beat myself up over it? Nope. Last year, that probably would have put me in tears and I would have been a B! today. But there isn't any point in being upset about it. It happened and I loved on with Day 3 today, no harm no foul.

Results tomorrow! Can't wait to share.

Stay balanced friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment