Wednesday, January 13, 2016

A few sites for moms and goal update

Ok so here is one that I have to share for all the moms out there who like to work out
10 Workouts for Busy Moms
http://www.scarymommy.com/10-workouts-for-busy-moms/

And one for the moms of boys, especially the ones with the sensitive souls
10 Things I Want To Teach My Son This Year

I drive my husband nuts with some of the things I let Lucas do but I always tell him I am picking my battles.... Here is one that backs that idea up
Raising Children Battles


As I type this in soaking clothes from bath time....
10 Things Moms of Boys Must Do

Ok so now it's time for me to get honest and real... life has been a struggle lately.  Lucas being sick threw everything off balance as I tried to work hard to take care of him, still get work done, and focus on my goals.  Work has been extremely stressful lately and is in crazy mode until May.  While I know this happens every year, I didn't expect it to start on my first day back from break.

I've also been spending a lot of time in "I wish..." Island.  I wish I had a better house.  I wish my body looked like hers.  I wish I had that many Beachbody coaches signing up with me.  And I Wish Island has its own magical pilot to fly you there... Captain Jealous.  And today I decided that it needs to STOP.

I have so much in my life to be grateful for- I have an amazing support system of family and friends.
I have no debt except my house and we make a good income.
I have an amazing, healthy, happy son.

My starting point is someone else's ending point.

I decided today would be a good time to review my goals and do some reflection and do a little recommitment if you will.

Career- Blog 5 times a day, sign one coach
There's been a few skipped days with Lucas being sick but otherwise I think I've done well with this. I do want to be purposeful in my blog posts and not just post to be posting.
As far as signing one coach, I really am trying to focus right now on how fun it has been to help people through my challenge group.  If the coaches come, that is great but I really truly just want to help other people in their journey.

Marriage- Daily check in, one date a month
We have been doing our fair share of snapping at each other with being tired and stressed, but we have still done a daily check in and talked through it. Need to find a baby sitter for that date this month.  Or maybe we will do a lunch date on Monday because I am off and Lucas is going to daycare... hm, that's a thought.

Physical- Complete one challenge a month, Half Marathon 2.0
I am going strong with Hammer and Chisel and have a love/hate feeling about it every day.  Half Marathon 2.0 training will start when this program is complete.



Mental Health- Meditate every day, read every day
I have been reading every day and already completed a fiction book (see goal below).  Meditating has been about 50/50.  It's definitely one thing I don't feel guilty letting go of.  I meant to do it when I first got to work or before leaving, but with work being so overwhelming there has not been time.

Friendships-Daily check in with a friend, One activity a month with a friend
I have been reaching out to friends daily so that's great and I have an idea on what to do for my monthly activity, just need to set a date.

Faith/Spiritual- Pray every day, do a daily devotion
Check and check.  This has been the easiest!

Personal Development/Intellectual- 6 nonfiction books, listen to a podcast on way to work
Another easy one- I love podcasts!  And I just got Chalene Johnson's book Push today at the library so I will be starting that when I am done typing.

Hobby- One Pinterest activity a week, 6 fiction books
I have failed on the Pinterest activity...  I have used it for ideas for Lucas' birthday party but so far just putting the board together.  I did read a random fiction book... it was cute, but definitely a fluff book.  I just needed something mindless to read.


Family- Call mom and dad weekly, text brothers weekly
Another easy one.

Financial- Be debt free except the house, $10,000 emergency fund
Check and check (I know, I know- what? you never posted that! big post coming soon) and working towards emergency fund

So that's where I'm at.  I've got some areas going strong and some that need work.  But overall, I'm not failing miserably even though it feels like it :)

Might have to do this weekly.

Stay balanced!

No comments:

Post a Comment