Tuesday, January 19, 2016

My story- the cliff notes version

So today we were challenged to share our stories about why we became a coach.  And my first thought was "Hell no".  And my second thought was "Just make something up".  And my third thought was "Just freaking do it already...but give the cliff notes version."

I went from being able to eat whatever I wanted in high school to gaining the Freshman Fifteen-- I'm an overachiever so I went for gaining 20 actually.  Fast forward to getting engaged and going through a series of unhealthy crash diets and restrictive calorie counting to developing full blown orthorexia... Google It.  I would yell at my husband for not using a measuring cup and eyeballing cheese.... Yes, I am dead serious.  I would avoid going out with friends because I'd have to eat something unhealthy.  I would obsess over every calorie I ate and stay awake for HOURS feeling food shame.

Fast forward to my doctor telling me I had to gain 5 pounds if I wanted to get pregnant.. and I remember going home feeling PROUD.  Like I had accomplished something... all I had accomplished was an eating disorder.  Yay me.  Thanks be to God, I got pregnant anyways.  

And everything changed.

My life became Lucas.  My life IS Lucas.  That little boy brought out a side of me that I never knew existed.  What I did know is, my "healthy eating" didn't mean crap anymore if it was taking my focus away from him.  

Enter a friend introducing me to 21 Day Fix.  And that program CHANGED.  MY.  LIFE.  I'm not exaggerating, I'm not trying to sell you something.  It's the truth.  Ask my husband.  

And that's why I decided to become a coach.  Because I want to be the one to change someone else's life.  I don't care about the money.  I care about helping PEOPLE the way I got helped.  I care about changing lives the way my life got changed.

So love the changes you will be seeing to my posts, unfriend me if you hate them, but please respect each chapter of my journey because I am writing a new one.


No comments:

Post a Comment