Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pinterest recipe- so glad I found you again! Baked Tortellini

Is anyone else 100% addicted to Pinterest like I am?  I believe at this point I have over 1500 pins- ridiculous!  Let's be honest, I barely have time to read ONE book let alone all the books in the 80+ pins I have on my "Books to Read" board, 90% of which are lists of 20+ books.  I'm too tired to do the math but any way you calculate it, it all adds up to the same thing.  Never. Going. To. Happen.

But every once in awhile, I take some time to actually go through my pins.  I have even come up itch board "recipes we have made" which has actually become my go to for recipes lately because I'm too tired to think of anything else for meals or I don't have enough time to peruse my 300+ pins on the rating board it come up with something new.  So I like to share good one when I find it.  I had made tonight's recipe awhile ago and then completely forgot about it.  It's not a picture that stands out when scrolling my board but I am glad I found it.

Baked tortellini
Recipe here: http://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/526808068/tortellini-bake/
I used two boxes of Bertoulli cheesy garlic tortellini  and cooked that in my pasta pot while playing with Lucas in his jumper.  I dumped a jar of Alfredo sauce (can't remember the brand but went basil pesto for some flavor) and half a jar of marinara (regular Ragu) in a 9 x 11 pan and dumped the tortellini in that when cooked.  Dumped some mozzarella cheese on top (no time for measuring cups these days) and a little Parmesan cheese (we were almost out) and threw it into my preheated oven at 350 for 15 mins.  The recipe says to broil it for 5 mins after that and I'm sure it would have looked very pretty if I had done so but I was hungry and it was hot in the kitchen already.  Note to other parents- handing your 5 month old the container of Parmesan cheese to shake gives you just enough time to do all of this.  May not look exactly like the original pin, but I enjoyed it.


My goal for future posts will be to move beyond the eating pins but for now, eating is the one thing I make sure I get done on a regular basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment