Monday, December 22, 2014

Potato chip disappointment

I never thought I could be disappointed with a potato chip. Maybe because I love them so much that I avoid questionable ones so they don't fail me (here's looking at you Caramel Macchiato Lays). So I took my time before deciding to indulge in the chocolate covered potato chips. One of my favorite bloggers have them a rave review which was the final push I needed.

I should have known when the two old ladies in front of the stand were saying that for $4 a bag they could make their own and a lot more of them. But I shoved.... Politely knocked.... Signed impatiently and waited until they moved... those old ladies out of the way and proudly grabbed my bag.

It looked so glamorous. No way r could disappoint. I started to get suspicious when I opened the bag. 

Um excuse me bag packer? I think you forgot half my chips.

But I was willing to overlook this because clearly these chips are like caviar- pay a lot of money to savor a little amount. So I slowly took my first bite and.....


Yup. You read the title of this post. Big stinking disapppointment. I didn't even eat half of that miserable amount.

Life lesson: Avoid the hype and stick to chips and dip. 


No comments:

Post a Comment