Sunday, February 8, 2015

Being a fit mom

So one of the biggest misconceptions I had before having Lucas was that when I stayed at home with him, I would have all this time. Babies sleep almost all their me when you bring them home- why wouldn't I be able to clean the house, work out, watch TV marathons and shower and eat.

should have found this article a long time ago. 
http://www.scarymommy.com/to-my-friends-who-became-mothers-before-me/

Not only was I a complete jerk to all my friends with kids by the things I said and did (I still want to yell at people on Facebook without kids who post about being tired because they stayed up too late watching Netflix.... I stayed up too late with a teething baby. Boom- winner of the exhausted club!) but I seriously did not have a clue!

The #1 reason moms don't work out can't possibly be time. Because yes I can find 30 minutes of time after baby goes to bed and the house is picked up and maybe if I skip showering today I have time.... 

But I am exhausted! I don't want to go pound the treadmill with my fancy running shoes that Lucas loves to chew on.  I don't want to "push" myself and strength train. I want a good Tv show and a glass of wine.  Or a nap! 

I'm not sure I have an answer for us moms on how to push past this- maybe the good old "this too shall pass"? I did get 7 hours of sleep last night before Lucas woke up to eat at 5 and we've been cuddling ever since.... So maybe there is hope in the future. Of course there is also coffee... And sometimes that tastes like hope! 


No comments:

Post a Comment