Tuesday, March 3, 2015

March Madness

Oh March… you snuck up on me. I don’t really know where February went.  I do know that it was not an easy month.  You can always tell that something is going on in my life when I just stop blogging altogether for a few weeks… especially when I am planning a big event like Lucas’ first birthday party and have so much to share.

The reason for the lack of chatter is because we were looking at a big decision in our family… and before you think it’s whether or not to have a second baby, STOP.  I was looking at changing jobs.  This was a big deal for me because there is a lot I love about my current job.  However, I also spend a significant amount of time on the road which is not something I love, especially in a nice Minnesota winter.  There were a LOT of factors to look at.  After numerous debates and talking to anyone close to me that would listen, I decided to stay with my current job.  It was a bittersweet decision as I am turning down some things that would have been better for us, but in the end it was the best decision for our family at this point in our lives.

Needless to say, with all that stress going on, my health and fitness went to the way side.  I haven’t officially weighed in but I would say I’m up at least 2-3 pounds (which looks like 5-10 pounds on me).  I ate like crap.  I hardly worked out.  I didn’t drink my water every day.  And in the end, I decided that I need to stop trying to do it all right now when it comes to health.  I would LOVE to be doing strength training and running right now, but the guilt over doing one or the other (not even thinking about doing BOTH) was just weighing my down.  So I decided to really focus on running and getting that back up and going in my life and adding the strength training a little bit later… Date TBD... Never sounds good. 

Along the way, I’ve found a couple of funnies related to running.

First, I would LOVE to try this.  


If you can’t read the picture very well, that’s an Inflatable 5K.

Second, I think I experience this regardless of whether I am running or not.  RUNGER.


Can you tell that one of my goals has been to power through the 3 stacks of magazines that have built up over the last year?  I have sadly cancelled all of my subscriptions except for People.  I just don’t have the time right now to read them and my husband has been nagging me nonstop to get rid of them.  So if you work with me and are looking for me over lunch time, I will be in my office trying to power through one a day. 

So I’m going to try to be back… and focused… although with Lucas’ first birthday approaching it’s a gentle (slap in the face hard) reminder that I have not slept through the night in at least a year.  Ouch.  Sweet boy has a bad cough and a new tooth coming in this week so has spent the last 2 nights in bed with me at some point for the remainder of the evening.  This too shall pass though and I find myself saying “Time is going way too fast” a lot lately.  It’s amazing how much my life has changed in the past year and how much it will continue to change in the years to come.

And on that heavy note, I’m off. It's a rest day. Yes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment