Friday, August 14, 2015

Runner rules

Good morning! This is my last weekend of summer and I'm spending it sitting and waiting for an oil change... Being an adult sucks.

My workouts have been all over the place this week. I hit Yoga Fix on Monday which felt oh so good after that 8 miler on Sunday. Tuesday I had 5 miles on the schedule but then I did this:

Yup.... I fell and hit my face on a door. Runner rule #1- if one has a bruised face, they can take the day off from running.

My intent was to do 5 miles and cross train on Wednesday. And I did, if mowing counts as cross training. I've never mowed before in my life and I have to admit... It fits nicely with my Type A personality. I did 2 miles with my favorite running buddy and then finished 3 after he went to bed. Not sure if that's legit but hey, I got 5 in.


I took an early rest day yesterday so I could finish mowing and Mike could spend time with Lucas. So that's 5 miles on the agenda today at some point. Sigh. My husband and I had a long discussion the other day- he thinks running was my way of relaxing. Haha no! It's exercise. Pure and simple. It doesn't relax me and I  don't enjoy much past 3 miles. 

What does relax me?

Eating massive desserts with the husband on our date day. We also went to Trainwreck which was hilarious.

I really need to cut back on the sweets because I am starting to feel it in my runs and my pants. So I maybe shouldn't have bought these:


And if you ever come to my house you may see this:


Lucas doesn't believe me that mini Oreos are the same (still calls them crackers) so I had to put them in the regular Oreo container.... #firstworldproblems

Does this count as a healthy alternative? 


No? Sigh..... 

On the agenda for this weekend is finally tackling rocking two of our landscaping patches....


And snuggles with my best boy:


But only after lunch with my best friend :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment