Monday, August 3, 2015

Kicking butt and taking names

I can definitely call yesterday a productive day and hoping I can say the same about today. Something about realizing I only had 2 weeks left before I have to go back to work must have lit a fire under my butt.

Yesterday's training plan was a 7 mile run. I decided to suck it up and hit the treadmill while Lucas was napping so I didn't have to face the blaze of heat outside. 


Unfortunately, Lucas woke up about 5 minutes before I needed him to.... So close!

I am trying out different fuels. I did 3 Cliff block about 40 minutes before I ran- a little early because I thought Lucas would go down earlier. I also did 3 more at the beginning of my run. 


A little strawberry lemonade Nuun while I ran and post- run. Note to self: drink it with ice cold water.

At mile 5, I had a little snack to keep me going.


A new brand to me but it was pretty tasty.


And a post run snack- popcorn and chocolate. Yum yum!

I made up for the early quit by taking Lucas and Jake for a walk and attacking our landscaping.


That is one of two wheelbarrows of weeds I ripped out of our landscaping. We have a large section that we took wood chips out of a couple years ago and still need to rock and it got overgrown with weeds and I just have been ignoring it all summer. But for some reason yesterday I decided to tear it apart. 

Thankfully I can walk today. Maybe next time I will baby step into productivity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment