Sunday, August 30, 2015

9 miles of straight up suck....

Well the theme of the week is sucky runs. My 9 miler today was a KILLER. A few factors- 1) it was warm 2) I did not properly fuel pre-run with food or water and 3) I have never run so many hills in my life. Oh my god. Every 5 minutes there was a steep hill... I am not even exaggerating. I am amazed I finished in an hour and 40 minutes because I literally walked up hills 3 times because I was running slower than I could walk. Ugh! SO happy when that run was over.

The sermon at church today (which I was going to skip until 10 minutes before we had to leave) was about how we are never alone and pastor gave the example of a long hike he did with his wife and how he met a man doing it alone and he told pastor how much easier it was to hike with someone than alone... Of course pastor explained he was never alone. So when my run got real bad (and it did, several times) I just kept telling myself God was with me and would raise me up. And I made it. Barely. Ha! 

So on the positive.... 
My views were pretty spectacular on this one :


I was in 3 different cities and ran along 3 different lakes. I was lost several times. Thankfully I made it home :) 

AND my mom was there with a bottle of water and a cold washcloth... And Lucas was there to sit on me and tell "up up" when I collapsed on the floor.


I have tomorrow off since this little man doesn't have daycare. I am ready to tackle finding several items off this list:

http://www.delish.com/food/g2903/fall-flavored-things/?slide=51

Sadly some of them aren't available where I live and I don't drink enough to buy the alcohol (and you can't fool me again whipped peanut butter!) but I have a goal to try the majority of them. Of course my mom and I tried tonight and we found approximately 0 so I'm not off to a great start. Perseverance is key! 

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I know I did! 



No comments:

Post a Comment