Wednesday, August 26, 2015

I'm alive- and officially signed up!

Don't worry.... I didn't die.... Yet! Even after my 8 mile run on Sunday. I have just been super busy at work and then I get home and take care of Lucas and then I work out and go to bed. I was trying frantically to get a library book finished before it was due but it didn't work.... I am halfway through it and will have to order it again.... It came from a library way up north so it will probably be awhile before it makes its way back down.

Ok so my workouts..... I did 50 minutes of cross training on Saturday on my good old bike. Sunday afternoon I set up for my 8 miler. I drove a water bottle out to the 3 mile spot (mile 4 was out in the state park and I couldn't access it by car) and then laced up and headed out. I did cliff blocks before I left and at miles 2 and 4 and drank 4 oz of water at miles 3 and 6.  I've heard people complain about how hard the blocks are to chew but I never had issues today... Because I was never running while chewing. Takes a lot of work! But they're the only thing my stomach can handle for long periods so I will stick with them. 

This is the first time I've actually run all 8 outside so I was a little worried but the weather was beautiful and I told myself I could walk if needed... Mainly because the wind was RIDICULOUS!  It was literally blowing me sideways at points. But I managed to get an overall 10:39 pace with all my breaks and the weather so I was pretty pleased!

And I loved the scenery: 


After I put Lucas to bed I went to retrieve my water bottle- gone! Thankfully it wasn't one of my favorites. It didn't deter me- I came home and officially registered for the Sioux Falls half marathon. Eek!

This week my workouts have been off- we had a fire department picnic on Monday so I skipped Yoga. Yesterday I was scheduled for 5 but by the time I got out, I only had time for 3. I was going to run tonight but Mike informed me he had fire training so I am hitting the bike instead. Schedule for remainder of week will be 5 tomorrow, yoga on Friday to make up for Monday, 60 minutes of cross on Saturday and 9 on Sunday. Lucas and I are going to visit my mom so we will see what happens.... Hopefully I don't run out of steam in my final 2.5 weeks!

On the nutrition end.... I shouldn't shop at Target.




All delicious! Trust me. Buy them now!

One last laugh for you- this is who I share a space with at my new district. He's cute at least!


Happy Hump Day and National Dog Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment