Sunday, August 9, 2015

Trying new things

So I do Bountiful Basket with a co- worker. You get a ton of fruits and veggies for $20. Since we split it, it usually stays fresh if I remember to use it. And there is usually one thing in it that I have no idea what it is or how to eat it. Today's new item was figs.


I googled how to eat them and it seemed like raw was an ok option.... Here's a general warning- they taste like dirt. Yuck! Give me a good Fig Newton!

Also, does this happen in anyone else's house?


I called Mike over and he goes "Why is there cheese in the cabinet?" Well I was hoping you could explain that one to me dear.... At least there wasn't that much left!

Today's training plan was 8 miles. I planned to get it done first thing but Lucas slept in (haha) until 6:30 a.m. So I didn't have time before church. So when we got home I decided to do 3 miles on the treadmill so I could drink a ton of water pre-run and use my own bathroom. I also ate a donut as my fuel and then decided that was a terrible idea so I had half a bagel too. I took 3 cliff blocks before I got on the treadmill and then took 3 before I went outside for the next 5. All in all, the run went pretty well. Took me about an hour and a half and I didn't feel completely wasted at the end. It was hotter than Hades out and humid.... I figure if I train in terrible conditions, running in cool morning weather will feel like a breeze. I can't believe I only have 4 long runs left before the big event. This is the first time I'm feeling like I might actually be able to pull this thing off...

Hopefully going to go to get some new fuels to try this week and need to start playing with my pre-run routine to figure out what I want to do on race day. This is my last week off of work (minus Tueaday.... Going to new staff orientation at my new district) so I'm definitely feeling the crunch time! But I'm also fitting in some time with friends so hopefully that will outweigh all the errands I have to run! 

Ok time to go continue to enjoy the Sabbath... If I ever train again, I'm putting my long run on Saturdays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment