Monday, September 7, 2015

My last long run before the BIG one

Let's be honest- I did not want to run yesterday. Lucas decided 3 a.m. was a good time to party and since we were at the cabin which has a total of 5 rooms (I mean cabin when I say cabin, not real house built by a lake), I couldn't exactly leave him in his pack and play and let him cry. So when he woke up for the day at 6:30, I really just wanted to crawl back in bed. By the time we got breakfast ate and I let it digest (note to self: do not eat eggs on race day!), it was 8:45 and 80 degrees. 80! I gave Lucas a hug, told him Mommy only had to do this one more time and set off. You can go two ways from the cabin without having to run on a busier road- one way is 2.4 and one is 3.1. No matter what my in laws think, it's 2.4 not 2.8. Trust me- I ran it twice yesterday, plus the 3.1, plus another 2 miles. And no matter what way you go it is hilly and not much shade. I stashed water by the mailbox and drank at 2.4, 5.4ish, and 8. I also ditched my shirt at 2.4 ha! I took cliff blocks before and At 3 and 7 respectively. 

Other than the heat and being mentally tough with myself between miles 5-8, the run felt better than it deserves to considering my crappy training this week! I feel good about my water and energy intake and the outfit I plan to wear. I think if I can do 10 in that heat being that tired, I can do 13.1 in a cooler environment with some sleep! All of my miles were between 10:10-10:30 except for one was 11 and I think that's when I took an extra long water break and told Mike's mom I was dying. 

This little guy came out to cheer me on:

I bet crossing the road to him feels like running a marathon!

I am looking forward to cutting back this week.  Yoga on the board for today, 4 miles tomorrow, cross train on Wednesdya and 2 miles on Thursday and then two days of rest! I'm getting pretty nervous about the logistics of the race (where to line up, how early to leave, what if I get lost) since I'm going alone but hopefully that goes away when I get my race packet this week!

Mike's grandma turns102 this week so I started carb loading early to help her celebrate.


So much fun to watch them interact! 

Lucas woke up at 5:20 today so was ready for a nap by 9 (or was that me.... It all blurs together) so we loaded up and headed home early. We have his 18 month (!!!) pictures today so hopefully he's not too tired again by then. 

Happy Labor Day everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment