Friday, January 16, 2015

Day 5- going strong!

It's funny how 5 days of sticking to something can make a person so proud. They say it takes 21-28 days to make something a habit.... Sigh. So many days to go. I was very proud of myself today for resisting cake at work.... Until my husband ordered a Caseys pizza and I had 2 slices. Guess I had used up all my temptation resistance for the day haha! Alas, I put my workout clothes and got it done anyways. Mike didn't have to work until 5 so I thought I could get it done before he left but Lucas had other ideas of watching Mommy workout while he played with Daddy. So I incorporated him in it- nothing like doing fast feet and skater jumps holding a 17 pound baby. Those moms who post themselves doing 30 minute workouts with their babies amaze me... Or they doped their kids with Tylenol prior to starting. Because there is no way my child would play independently for that long or let me use him for my weights.

I was going to have Mike take pictures but I was wearing a really awesome outfit- lime green tank, hot pink shorts and purple shoes. You'd never know that my husband and I finally went and got my push present (a year after he came up with with the original idea) and I now have something adorable workout clothes and new running shoes.  

My sister in law and I are kicking around the idea of doing a 10k in Disneyland over Labor Day weekend.... So I'm going to have to use those shoes to use sometime soon. But for now I'm going to focus on strength training for the next couple months and then start running again. Need to build my muscle back up! 

It's colder than cold and lots of snow today- makes visions of running in sunny California seem far far away! 

No comments:

Post a Comment