Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy new year!

IWell it's always good to start a new journey by looking back at where you came.

I had a 75% success eye with my 2014 goals. I paid off 3 loans (the original goal was 2!), ran a 29 minute 5k (the original goal was 30), and lost all the baby weight (and then some until I quit pumping- back to pre pregnancy weight now, thank you holidays lol). I did NOT read the Bible. Got a good start but then fizzled out once lucas was born.

I'm having a hard time with 2015 goad because a goal is supposed to be something you can measure. I know I want to get back into running so I will put a 30 minute 5k back on the list (really need to stop going on a running hiatus in the winter so it doesn't take so much to get back into it!) and I want to pay off two more loans. So those are measurable...

But my other two goals aren't so measurable- I want to live a healthier lifestyle and be a better person.

So what does that mean? Be a healthier person... I need to get back into shape! I helps Mike carry up the Christmas tree yesterday to the attic and I thought I was going to die. My dream would be to strength train 3 days a week and run 3 days a week but I'm going to start with baby steps of strength training every other day. Just did week one of Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 and I thought I was going to die. I have a feeling I will be movif veeeerrrrryyyyy slowly tomorrow! I'd also like to clean up my diet now that I'm not point and burning an extra 500 calories a day. But that's going to take a lot of baby steps so for this month I want to eat a veggie once a day and drink 6 cups of water a day. We will see how that goes. Like I said- lots of baby steps to one really unmeasurable goal!

Be a better person is really hard to define. You know those people that when you think of them, your first thought is "they are such a nice person!" I want that to be ME! I know that I need to be a better friend, particularly to my two oldest and closest friends. Really haven't found that balance between being a friend and a mom. Doesn't help that my child only likes to nap in my arms when I'm home so I don't have a lot of free time but I still need to try harder. I want to be the one to remember those moments going on in other peoples lives. I have a friend who texts me as soon as Lucas' doctors appointments are over to ask how it went. So maybe remembering those things will be a first step... And being nicer to my husband ;)

So there it is- my 2015 plan. Seems like a lot to tackle but one day at a time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment