Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Sometimes you feel like a workout....sometimes you don't!

Just in case you don't remember where the "Sometimes you feel like a nut....sometimes you don't" song came from, I Googled it for you (because I couldn't remember either!).  Apparently it used to be part of a song for Almond Joy/Mound candy bars...don't worry, I didn't remember that either.  Just the catchy one liner.

So I have skipped working out not once but TWICE in the past week.....GASP!  And I feel pretty okay with it.  I used to beat myself up about it and feel so guilty but now I have to tell myself that it is OKAY. Last Thursday was an emotionally exhausting day.... we are in the process of talking about some big life-changing events that may or may not come to fruition but just TALKING about them is stressing me out.  I'm going to keep the details hidden for now since it's a lot of "what ifs" but just know that I am a sleep deprived, stressed out working mom who will yell or cry at the drop of a hat.

Yesterday I skipped my workout because I had to get up at 5:30 to have Lucas at daycare by 6:30 so I could go to a workshop 2 hours away...except the roads were glare ice and I saw 8 cars in the ditch so it took me 2.5 hours to get there.  So by the time I got home and got Lucas to bed, I could barely get myself out of my own bed to shower, let alone tackle Level 2 of Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30..

Speaking of (yes this is a random post--this is how my brain is working today!)....Level 2 is NOT a joke.  I thought Level 1 was difficult... HA.  Now I know why I have never progressed to Level 2.  The strength training and abs part are actually pretty decent if you aren't a wuss and use the appropriate level of weights (the second time I did it, I did grab my 5 pounders instead of my 3 pounders) but the CARDIO is crazy!  She's screaming "push yourself, it's just starting to get tough!" and I've already collapsed on the floor.  So it doesn't take much of a reason for me to skip doing it.  But my best guy friend asked me to do a half marathon with him in June (he is going to train for a full marathon) so I have to carefully consider that and get my butt back into running one way or another...

And to end this on my random "things I want to blog about" list.... For those of you who think I am hard core with my budget, I just hired a cleaning lady today.  It is going to make my marriage a lot more stress-free because I won't be nagging my husband to get the house cleaned and I'm going to be happier because I don't have to worry about cleaning.  So where is that money coming from because I still have my mind set on being dept free by April 2016?  Well I will tell you... $20 from gas, $50 from food, $10 from home budget, and $20 from myself and Mike from our fun money for a grand total of $120 a month.  Yes it means we won't be eating out EVER and yes it means less shopping for me, but it will be worth it.

And that's all I have for you tonight... sorry for the lack of pictures.  I had Day 2 of yesterday's workshop so another long day which is my excuse for not walking around the house right now to snap corresponding pics.... love me or hate me... just keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment