Friday, September 5, 2014

A new drink with an Italian recipe

So does anyone else have a board of "homemade Starbucks/Caribou/insert major chain here" on Pinterest? I know I do.  It's actually called my "No More Soda Project" when I thought I was going to give up pop but let's be honest, that didn't last long.

So I finally made one of the recipes.  You can find the link I used for the idea here.  Iced Passion Tea Lemonade.

What I did was make some sun tea.  Put four bags of your favorite tea in a container (this one was a Target clearance find) and put it out in the sun all day.  Definitely one of my favorite things about summer.  I used Passion tea which I would not recommend unless you are mixing it with something-- way too "flowery" tasting for me.

Then I put some in a glass with about 2/3 tea to 1/3 lemonade.  I usually end up going through 2 containers of lemonade to the one container of tea.  I wish I could have found the Minute Maid Light 15 calories tea but the local grocery store and Target did not have it... would have made it a lot less calories.  I put some sugar in there too just to make it extra sweet.  A delicious summery treat for half the price of Starbucks!


Another new recipe we tried was Chicken Parmesan Casserole.  A very easy recipe to make and good flavor-- we threw in pepperonis for a little extra flavor.  We did have to cut up and cook chicken breasts because I couldn't find any pre-cooked cubes at Target or it would have been even easier to make.  

I love when my Pinterest ideas turn out good-- we have definitely had some fails in the past :)

No comments:

Post a Comment