Monday, April 18, 2016

Birthday weekend celebration and my new favorite lunch!

I know some of you couldn't believe how I spent my ACTUAL birthday but I knew I had a good weekend planned so it was okay.

We left for the Cities as soon as I got off work on Friday. It had been a long day so I was more than ready to go. 



We stopped at my in laws for supper and got to our hotel right around Lucas' bedtime. He was a great traveler and went to bed easily after he watched all the planes land. Thank God!


I didn't want to, but I needed to get a few
miles in.  Happy Flex Friday! 


Saturday we (aka Lucas) got up bright and early. We had breakfast at the hotel. The Mall didn't open until 10 so we decided to hit a local park. Lucas had an amazing time and got a couple bruises from playing too hard.

We also hit Trader Joe's on the way back but sadly everything I wanted was fresh and I knew it wouldn't make the trip home.


Then it was time to hit the mall. 


went to Disney with Lucas and then it was time for Daddy to take Lucas and Mommy to hit the mall.


I bought one pair of dress pants and everything else was running gear. I have a problem.


I also got lost on my way back to the hotel so I stopped for coffee.

Lucas took an awesome nap and then we went to Sea Life.


Lucas was too busy watching fish to take a photo with me. A little more shopping that night and bed.

Sunday morning it was zoo time! 


I haven't been to the Minnesota Zoo in years and it was so much fun!

I asked Mike to take a picture of Lucas petting all the baby goats. This is what I got...


Today was back to reality aka work.  At least I had an amazing supper.


http://www.thestayathomechef.com/2015/04/easy-slow-cooker-chili-lime-mexican.html?m=1

I used chicken instead of roast. Served over Uncle Ben's jasmine rice- amazing! Going to add some stir fry veggies next time.

Not that my actual lunch wasn't good too....


Oh, and my iced coffee....


Good things happening today. 


This was the icing on the cake.... Love my ladies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment