Wednesday, August 13, 2014

I Scream You Scream- Oreos and Ice Cream

Even though my summer is coming to an end, the cravings for my two summer favorite foods are still there... Oreos and ice cream!

A friend recommended I try frozen Greek yogurt as a healthy alternative to ice cream. Now I could have taken a container and put it in the freezer but there is something about an ice cream stick that also screams summer happiness to me. So I tested out these two products. 
This one was a hit- great flavor and satisfied my craving for a lot less calories. Plus I felt a little healthier because of the protein and calcium I was getting. 
This one wasn't such a hit for me. I enjoyed the strawberry flavor but the granola crunch outside was just "meh" to me. Plus it has more calories so give me a honey any day.

Now on to something not so healthy but oh so delicious! 

For some reason I love Oreos in the summer. The rest of the year I can take them or leave them but in the summer mmm... I once was eating an entire package every week not realizing how many calories are packed into such a cute little cookie. 

I thought peanut butter Oreos would be the best creation ever- chocolate cookie plus peanut butter equals 2 of my favorite things. 

Sadly, the flavor just didn't do it for me. I contributed it to the Reeses peanut butter just tasting different than regular peanut butter (although I do live a Reese's peanut butter cup) but I also found just regular peanut butter ones and they didn't do it either. So avoid all things peanut butter and instead find yourself one of these: 
Oh yes- that is a banana split Oreo. My husband picked these out and I thought they would be disgusting but I was oh so wrong. Part golden Oreo part regular with strawberry and banana cream equals pure goodness!

So now that I've made everyone hungry (myself included!), go out and find yourself a sweet treat. It can be healthy or naughty- all things in moderation! 

As a side note, I have also learned that I cannot blow dry my hair and blog at the same time so if you ever see partial posts that is why :)

No comments:

Post a Comment