Friday, July 10, 2015

It's not the 4th anymore!!

Fireworks are acceptable on 4th of July but no longer people! I should not get out of the shower and feel like I need to hit the deck because it sounds like bombs are going off outside.... Jerks.  

Today was a 4 mile run and strength day. I got the important part done and did 4 miles but no strength... I didn't head out the door until 8:40 for my run and since it took me about an hour to complete 4 miles (more to come on why it took me so long), I knew I needed to just shower and go to bed. Just me and Lucas tomorrow and Newton's law (or some behavioral psychologist... Skinner maybe) is that if I stay up late, he will wake up early. 

Today's run was rough.... I was not in the right head space to run and I definitely hadn't fueled or hydrated properly. 

Not good pre-run fuel... Not really that good either sadly. Good thing I got them free... If I remember to complete mail-in rebate....

I also experimented with listening to a podcast instead of music which may not have helped... There are some things in life you cannot multitask... At least I can't. 

It started off well... I even made a friend with a woodland creature.

Just call me Snow White.

But at my 1.5 mile point, I knew it was time to turn around. I was woozy, dragging and my stomach was starting to indicate the potential for issues. So I came home, devoured an incredible amount of watermelon, and hit the treadmill for one more mile to finish off the 4.

This container was almost full when I started.... #hungrygirlproblems

In case I was too doom and gloom and "my child needs to be perfect" yesterday, I have to share this story so you know that 99% of the time I roll with the punches. So we went to library story hour today. Lucas is the youngest to attend (it's for ages birth to 3) but they sing, read books and do a project (ok I do the art project) and it's a free local activity so we go. Today's art project is to paint a cow... With Q-tips. I was expecting that Lucas and I would be covered head to toe in paint (Mike wisely stayed back against the wall) but I was not prepared at how quickly he got that q-tip in his mouth and got a black mouth. I thought it was hilarious but the librarian was immediately running for baby wipes... Of course it would be my kid ;)!  

I promise you that when I was pregnant, I expected to be the uptight mom who was constantly sanitizing and wiping my child down. And maybe at first I was. But I feel like I am a pretty chill, roll with life parent. My being upset with the teeth is not about him possibly needing braces one day since I half expected it since Mike had them (my genes couldn't crush all of his).... What upsets me is that my actions potentially caused it. Mike says he did a lot of research and it's likely genetic and not because of  the pacifier so my guilt is lessening and the pity party guests are slowly creeping to the door, but I'm still not 100% guilt free yet. I'm also still 100% convinced taking the paci away is going to be hell on earth.

Hope everyone had a great Friday and has fun plans for weekend- it's going to be HOT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment