Saturday, July 18, 2015

Rest Days

I am really enjoying this week of training after my hotter than hell run on Thursday because I get TWO rest days this week and I am supposed to do a 5k race tomorrow. I couldn't get to a race because Mike had a softball tournament today and I couldn't find a local race tomorrow so I'm going to go out and race myself.... Hopefully. My left foot is killing me today so I was grateful for the rest.

I am also grateful because I have no physical energy. Yesterday started off great because I got to go cuddle my friend's twins.


Aren't they the cutest? That's my second day of baby snuggles this week and nope, no baby fever. I think they are adorable and love cuddling them, but still 100% happy with just my main man.


Things got pretty crazy around here on a Saturday night.


We got tired so we cuddled up for the Tigger movie. Lucas is obsessed with Winnie the Pooh. I can quote almost the first 20 minutes of the classic Pooh. 

After Lucas went to bed, I tackled this monster.


I blew it up myself, no pump. Yes, I know it's lopsided. I am hoping Mike can blow some more into it when he gets home... I'm out of air.

Just realized I went off on a tangent about my fun Saturday and didn't finish why Friday sucked... And today sucked too when I thought about it. My grandpa is not doing well and when I went to visit him yesterday, it was very very difficult. I won't share what exactly happened but just know that I don't wish anyone having to see a grandparent or loved one like that ever. They have taken him to the hospital today and have been able to make him more comfortable but I know the end is near and when I said good-bye to him yesterday, I knew it could be the last time. Please keep my family in your prayers as he and grandma are the glue that holds that side together. They are so in love and such a good role model for myself and Mike.


Alright time to watch some crappy TV and then crawl into bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment