Thursday, October 15, 2015

Facing down my 30th....

My brother had a birthday this week- yay for him! Sadly for me, it is also my half birthday. Which used to be a fun thing I threw in his face but this year it was a big reminder in MY face that I will be 30 in 6 short months. Seems like a big deal as I have watched my friends hit this milestone over the last few years.

I have already achieved my
Major accomplishment: bring the sweetest little boy into this world.


Of course in my plan he would sleep through the night but hey, I wouldn't trade him for the world.

I've hit 3 of my running distance goals: 5k, 10k, and a half.


My first 5k- 10/13/12. My face is redder in my post- race pic than my half. I felt better after my half than this race. Oh how times have changed.

So as I sat down to think about what I still wanted, the elusive 6 pack abs kept coming to mind. I don't know if that's an attainable one yet or not. It requires stellar eating, a lot of work and let's be honest- we have Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter to get through (who the hell planned all the major food holidays in winter ?!?).  

But after spending last week sick, tired (exhausted is probably a better word), and pissed at the WORLD I listened to a podcast about how what we eat directly impacts how we feel. Food is fuel- we hear it all the time. But on this particular day, it hit home. So on Monday I went back to my healthy ways. I started to eat well balanced meals again and I didn't even celebrate National Dessert Day. I'm not focused on being perfect- I think that's when people fall off the bandwagon. But I also don't think that eating 500 calories in sweets every day will lead to anything good in my life. 

I also tried Total Body Chisel from the Hammer and Chisel program by Beachbody and my legs STILL hurt. I haven't been that sore since my half. Tuesday I did some yoga to try to stretch everything out and Wednesday I did a walk with the family. Hoping to get out and run today! My goal was to run 2 days, strength train 3 days and do yoga or Pilates 1 day (1 day of rest of course) but honestly I could barely walk, let alone fathom a run. Uffdah! I can tell how much strength I've already lost since I haven't been working out lately.

I've also been trying really hard to get my 8 cups of water drank every day.


I wrote some times on my water bottle that I wanted to have it drank by.... This picture was taken around 1.... I hadn't yet refilled my bottle. Yes, I have spent many commutes home chugging water and then consequently running to the bathroom as soon as I get home.

It's all about baby steps people.... All about baby steps ;) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment