Monday, October 19, 2015

Meal Prep Madness

I think prepping my meals for the week really sets how my eating is going to go.... If healthy food is easy to grab, I'm going to eat it. But when I hear about people who take 2-3 hours to do it, I think God bless you... That's not for me. I got 20 minutes last night before Lucas was crawling up my leg.  I wanted something WARM this week (even though the weather is like summer here in the afternoons.... Go figure) so I went to my go-to: stir fry!

I had a bag of shrimp in the freezer so I decided to make shrimp stir fry. I love shrimp because you can eat a lot for few calories.... I don't love it's price.
I put a can of diced green chilies in it and added crushed red pepper for some flavor. 

I am lazy when it comes to rice so I usually splurge and buy the kind you can microwave for 60-90 seconds and it's done.


Bought this at Costco- one bag is a cup or 4 servings so that was perfect for me.
I divided into 4 containers and divided a bag of frozen stir fry vegetables on top. 


I did not cool the veggies because I knew I would be microwaving them and figured they would thaw in fridge. I did out some garlic salt on them.  Add shrimp on top, throw in fridge and done!

Other things I did was cut up watermelon, celery and broccoli, portion size out a bag of grapes into baggies, and put some PB2 and protein powder into small containers. I also like to pour milk into a shaker the night before so I don't forget it in the morning. Depending on my mood (and memory), I will fill my water containers as well. And here's a cheat- I put ranch into some containers too. Not a lot but enough to get me to eat raw veggies :)

Breakfast is just a bunch of grab and gos so no prep necessary.


My workout last night was 21 Day Fix Extreme- Upper Fix. I had to modify a few moves to accommodate for the tendonitis that is building in my wrist (I see orthopedic doctor on Friday) but it was a good workout....

Especially when I got to use a 23 pound toddler as my weight.


He is a mama's boy and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Today's weather was SO beautiful (81 degrees on my drive home!), I had to get or and run. 3 miles with a stop midway to help Mike and Lucas do some geocaching. It's our new family thing- fun,adventurous, and gets us outside with a purpose. 

We got home and I made some snacks for EVFE tomorrow.

Trail mix with graham cracker Teddys, pretzel goldfish and vanilla cupcake goldfish. Fruit cups with pineapple, mandarin oranges and cool whip to be added tomorrow so it looks like candy corn... Thank you Pinterest.

Other Pinterest ideas...
$1 Pom poms and a roll of toilet paper equals a great fine motor activity.

Lucas even took it to the next level and started scooping them into another container. 

Now that the weather is getting cold, it's time to find some things to keep us occupied inside. I will share more ideas as we test them!

Hope you all had a great Monday- one day closer to Friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment