Thursday, October 1, 2015

Post half slump

I know I've been pretty MIA lately- part of it is because Lucas pushed his bedtime back to 9-9:15 so my nights are even more hectic... And part of it has been what I've deemed the post- half slump. I've heard about this from other runners where you are just in a state of limbo. What do you do next? Where do you go from here?

Luckily (??) I had one race left this year so I had to keep slightly motivated last week.... And I crushed it.


This is the 4th year my sister in law and I have done this 5k. Minus the year I was 4 months pregnant, we have gotten progressively faster even though this course sucks. The first mile and a half is basically uphill. You literally start at the bottom of a huge hill so you're huffing and puffing before you even get started.

I wasn't sure what I would do for this race- a nice steady pace or just go all out. At first I thought the steady stream of people walking in front of me would decide it for me- with no way to pass them, we almost walked up most of the hill. I was SO frustrated but tried to remind myself that it was a fun run and for a good cause. But after running around walkers for the first mile, I just wanted to be done. I lost my sister in law in a crowd of walkers and went all out.... For a finish time of 27 minutes. 


While I am SO proud of that time and how far I have come as a runner (my first 5k was like 35 minutes!), I knew I could have done better if those walkers had followed race protocol.... Oh well (she says still feeling really pissed 4 days later). 

And now I'm back to limbo. I planned to do 21 day fix (upper fix, lower fix and alternate Pilates and yoga) and then run 3 days a week but then I did a p90x 3 workout on Monday that I liked so maybe I will do that.... I can't decide. And with how busy this week has been, I haven't had time. I honestly think when Mike goes back to work, I probably won't work out on days he is working. I don't realistically see myself waking up at 5:30 to do it. I love sleep too much. Maybe Lucas will become more independent eventually but right now keeping him occupied for 30 minutes while I work out is a joke. 

Uffdah... I'm feeling very doom and gloom today because I don't feel good. Time to grab some chocolate and pop and turn this ship around....

Any post-race blues tips are appreciated!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment