Sunday, October 4, 2015

Funny Mommy Moments

I know one day I'm going to wish I wrote
more of these down... Here are a few from just today.

Lucas letting out a cheer (even got the arms in the air) when I opened the fridge for him

Me: "Ok Lucas Mommy's going to go potty" 
Lucas "uh uh"

Mike "Lucas are you being a good boy for Mom?"
Lucas shakes his head no 
He really has been good today but that made me laugh. 

Mike is gone at a community workshop (unpaid.... Yes I am a nice wife) all week and I have to be honest, I had a really bad attitude about it. Lucas has been sick and sleeping terribly, I got sick, and Mike worked all weekend BEFORE leaving for 5 days. So that's basically an entire week of just me and Lucas. Now I love my little bit more than anything in the world, but I've been questioning my ability to keep him entertained for that long.... Especially when I'm not feeling 100%. So my mom and in laws answered my cries for help and we will have company starting tomorrow for every day except Wednesday. Whew! I think I jumped the gun a bit because we really did have a fun weekend.. Just had to add some additional layers:


All the walks we took made for family snack time...


I really need to stop eating every time Lucas does.


We called for squirrels... Followed squirrels... Looked for squirrels... Can you tell we like squirrels around here?

And at the end of the day, I snuggled my precious little boy (thanks to the husband for capturing this moment).


And I remembered how grateful I am that I am the mother of a healthy, loving boy. Sure, some days are hard (I got spit up on this morning first thing when he gagged on phlegm) and some days are LONG (up at 5:20 and only an hour nap- are you kidding me ?!?).  Do I miss my "me time", my TV shows, my books? Do I think about how nice it will be when he's older and can entertain himself? Do I want to throttle the stay at home mom who posts pictures of her color coordinated outfits, perfectly clean house, homemade organic fed, Pinterest worthy craft project playing kids.  

Of course. I'm human. 

BUT there is no amount of money you could pay me to give him up. And that's the important thing at the end of the day.

We are all just out there doing the best we can for the kids we have. 

So I will say a prayer for you and you say one for me and tomorrow we will tackle another day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment