Thursday, November 19, 2015

Need to mix it up

I've felt pretty BLEH about life this week. I think part of it is definitely the change in the weather and being stuck in the house.... Predicting 2-4 inches of snow this weekend.


How is that possible when last week we were outside chasing leaves?

I think another problem is that I have fallen in a rut with what I've been eating. I literally ate the same thing for lunch and supper for 3 days this week to use up what started as a delicious meal but if I never eat it again, it would be too soon.... Dear husband, 4 chicken breasts does not equate to 2 pounds of chicken. 

Here is one of the recipes we made that I got from my challenge group- easy and delicious.

Slow Cooker Black Beans and Chicken
4 chicken breaths
15 ounce can of black beans
2 cups salsa

4-6 hours on low in slow cooker. Shred meat. Top as you want.  You can wrap it in a tortilla or I put mine over a baked potato.

So yay, our suppers are getting mixed up again and I am excited about that but my breakfasts/ lunches have been the same for 2 weeks because of poor planning and overbuying on my part. It's healthy food but it's getting boring.... Definitely took some time today to plan that one better.  Plus we have Thanksgiving next week to look forward to ;) 

I did try a new breakfast idea this weekend and am in love:
Feels like a treat, super easy to make and has a ton of protein in it. Probably fits as a yellow in 21 Day but I counted it as a red ;) oops! 

So here is my plan for next week in case your are struggling:
Breakfast: Overnight oats (oatmeal, yogurt, fruit
Mid morning: eggs
Lunch: sweet potato, turkey burger, vegetable (see what's on sale), teaspoon and orange container of seeds
Snack: Vegetable, blue container of almonds and teaspoon
Supper:
Tilapia
Slow cooker pork
Chili
Skillet chicken 
Sliders

Plus a vegetable and fruit. I am a little nervous about not having a carb built in for myself at supper so may have to add an extra yellow next week. I've been feeling hungry this week so thinking about bumping up to next level of containers.... I'm right on border so it could go either way... We will see. Thanksgiving is going to be a wrench in my plans no matter what I do ;)

As always, it's about staying balanced! 



No comments:

Post a Comment