Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Zero Waste Home


This was the last book I had to read on my new year's list and I actually had to check it out TWICE from the library to finish it. I think what this woman is doing for her family and the environment is great but there is no freaking way I am doing it. 

She literally has a quart size garbage can. Because she makes her own freaking makeup.... And pads.... And everything else. And she composts. Two actually because you apparently you can't compost dog poop and the rest of your garbage in the same compost. 

Honestly I just really felt bad about myself while reading this book. Which I don't think is her intention. Because she does talk about awareness of our actions is first important step (AWARE!) and how we should start to make small changes like buying bulk foods (not Costco.... As in no packaging) because her lifestyle isn't an easy overnight thing.... But man oh man. It would be tough for me! My husband would love it because he is all about having no extras but I would not fair so well.... 

So I did have a few take aways such as some web sites to recycle various 
things and how to remove the junk mail from coming to my mailbox....

But we won't have a zero waste lifestyle any time soon.... Sorry earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment