Saturday, November 28, 2015

Saturday

Let's just summarize this day in a word shall we: Amber.

The name of our amazing daycare provider. And apparently, my name. Now Lucas knows how to say Mommy, Mom, Mama. And he used to call me mom and Amber "Ber". Cute right? Until he learned how to say AMber. And he started calling me Mer. Which bordered on cute. Until he started calling me Amber. And today I am not even exaggerating when I bet he said it 1,000 times. My husband could have left the country today and Lucas wouldn't have noticed. But I leave for a minute to use the bathroom and you would think I killed his dog.... Which I might have near the end of the day because I was over every male in my house. So when I put that sweet little boy to bed (Night Night Lucas.... bye Amber.... Sigh), I did not run like I was supposed to. I didn't drink a bottle of wine like I wanted to. I just shook my head and hoped tomorrow would be a better day.

This is how I feel when I think about giving up bread....


Ok not a funny haha but definitely one that I needed to see today.... Even when he is calling me Amber, I listen.


I got an email from my boss requesting some information and I seriously spent 3 days worrying about worst case scenarios before emailing her to ask why she needed it.... And it was nothing! They had just lost the form I submitted the year before... Seriously Kayla!


My night tonight- I indulged in an episode of Blindspot.


Lucas gets up between 5:30-5:45. 



If you hold him, he will usually go back to sleep for an hour. I will not and there is no getting him back in the crib (even above picture delicacy doesn't work). 


For real.... I did all my Black Friday and Christmas shopping online this year and I ordered Lucas' birthday presents for myself and my parents early so we could get better deals.... My husband is going to flip beep when those packages start arriving.... 


It IS all about the balance. We have good  days and bad days and everything in between.

Good night friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment