Monday, April 13, 2015

29....

Today is my 29th birthday. Do I feel old? Not really... Might have a hard time remembering my age though- sometimes I still feel 25! However, it did make me realize there is a lot I want to accomplish before 30.  Two big ones- pay off my debt and run a half marathon. I am in track for the loans so now need to hit the half marathon part! I have my eyes set
on the Sioux Falls half marathon which I Seotember 13-5 months. Eek!

So step 1- find a training plan.
Step 2- clean up my diet and start strength training. Enter my 21 day fix! 

Essentially it's portion control in a box and I am blessed to have a friend who loaned me the book and containers although you can find it all on Pinterest.
According to the calculations I am in the first column. There is also a corresponding strength training program. We will see how I feel with adding running to the mix- might bump myself up to the next level. 

I spent an hour cutting, measuring and prepping tonight. 
Green- veggies- I have spinach, cherry tomatoes, carrots, broccoli and cucumbers 

Purple- fruit- strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, apples, pears, half a banana, watermelon 
Red- protein- I bought a rotisserie chicken for convenience and shredded it, ham and turkey deli meat, eggs, Greek yogurt 
Yellow- grains- lots of options but mine will be bread, half a pita wrap and brown rice... Maybe oatmeal :)
Blue- nuts, cheese- sticking to almonds this week
Red- seeds or dressing- mine will be balsamic vinegrette dressing for my salads this week 
Teaspoons- I can't remember everything that this can be but mine will probably be oil and peanut butter :) 

This is what my food for tomorrow looks like.

Hopefully I can stick to it- they say you can do anything for 21 days.

I will say I am surprised at the low cost for groceries. I have WAY more than what I need for this week and our bill was about $85. I doubt Mike and Lucas will be on this plan for me but there are some components I can share with my family.

I will let you all know how it goes ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment