Thursday, April 30, 2015

Days 16-17

This will be brief because I'm sleepy :)

Yesterday was a good day food wise. I managed to piece together some of works lunch with what I brought for a 21 day fix approved meal so I was proud of myself for that. I was also so excited to get home and run because I got my new running stroller and it actually had air in the tires (Tuesday was a flat tires fail!). So off Lucas and I went with Mike and the dog on our perfect little family run... Which quickly became a nightmare. 1- running with a stroller is hard. 2- halfway in, Lucas started to lose it. Like I don't want to even be in stroller lose it. How we didn't think to pack a drink, snack, toys, or a pacifier I don't know. 3- carrying Lucas for mile and a half was on par for pushing running stroller that far. I was proud we did 3 miles in 45 mins considering at least half was walked and there were a million stops.

I did NOT want to do anything after that. I was so crabby from the walk and mentally and physically drained. But I made myself do it and I'm glad I did. 

Today I did not. My legs hurt so bad. Not in a "I'm sore" hurt. In a "I will give you an injury if you don't stop this madness" hurt. And so I respect them and myself enough to give them a break today. I should have done Yoga but I did 10 minute abs instead- which is actually something I would like to add to my workout routine on a more regular basis. It was fast but good!

I'm trying not to feel like a quitter just because I missed one day of workouts in the program but it's hard. But I'm also not willing to take an injury and then be done with running when my training behind hard core in a few weeks. 

Life is about balances and this is mine.

Ok. Bed time :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment