Saturday, May 2, 2015

Days 18-19... I cheated for real

Sigh.... I was really hoping that I would et to this weekend and be able to power through but the cards were not there.

Yesterday was good. I was low on groceries so I forgot a fruit because I needed to take a fruit cup instead of one of my bags of fruit and we got home late (yay for really nice clothes on garage sales) so I had a lame supper (turkey sandwich with carrots... Wouldn't have been so bad if that wasn't what I had for lunch) but I made it through. I even enjoyed my Pilates Fix. I'm not good at Pilates but I do enjoy it.

Today was a friend's baby shower and I thought for sure I would blow it on a piece of cake. But I turned down cupcakes, punch, fruit pizza (that was the hardest), and cheesecake. Stopped by my nephew's wrestling match to see him wrestle and then headed to my grandparents house.... Where I got some really bad news. My grandpa who just got out of a nursing home stay post- hospital is moving into hospice and my grandma will probably be going to a nursing home. This shook me because 1) I thought if my grandpa was coming home it meant that he was doing better and 2) I didn't know that my grandma was doing that bad. They are still so in love after so many years and I'm just broken hearted that they can't be in the same place in their final days. So my aunts wanted to do a toast after these hard decisions (I visited on a bad day!) and I wasn't going to turn down a toast to an amazing duo.  Now the cookie I ate at my grandma's.... Total emotional eating ;) I also didn't pack a lunch because we had NO groceries at this point so I had to grab half a sandwich at the grocery store. Probably not completely 21 day approved, but I was an emotional wreck and probably impacted by the lunchtime wine so I justified it.

Cardio Fix tonight! I only had to modify half of a couple moves so I can feel improvement so that was exciting.

Two more days left! I am taking Tuesday to rest my body and will probably eat something a little naughty and then start my post- 21 day meal and exercise plan. 


P.s. To my friends who were convinced I would like the lemon Hy-vee water... Water with a dash of lemon pledge at the end. Gross. 

No comments:

Post a Comment