Monday, May 18, 2015

Magazine Monday

So I have always had a love for magazines. I remember going to Walmart and promising my mom I would do every chore under the sun if she would buy me all my favorites- Teen Bop, Tiger Beat. The classics right?

This love has carried over and increased as I got older- because now I can afford magazine subscriptions! My faves: People, Real Simple, Women's Healh and  Runner's World. Shape and Self are pretty interchangeable to me and Oxygen is way too bodybuilding focused for me. I quickly realized after having Lucas that subscribing to multiple magazines was no longer a logical expense because I just don't have time to read them. So I cut back on everything but People (some of my other subscriptions are still going for the end of time it seems like but I know one day they too shall stop).

Despite cutting back, I still have a huge pile of backlog:

There's another stack of about 10 downstairs :)

I get this love from my mother, who also taught me this neat little trick- If you find something you like, just rip out the page so you don't have to keep the entire magazine. Genius right? Except it's one of my husband's pet peeves... And let's be honest, when he's around I do a slow loud rip just to irritate him even further.

Why does it annoy him so much?
Because I leave them scattered all over the house. And I never ever come back to them once I rip them out. I literally have a binder of them (long ago attempt to organize). Books I want to read. Movies I want to see. Web sites to visit. Products to buy.

So I decided that I am going to start actually utilizing the pages I rip. So last weekend we were driving home and I immediately put the pages in my purse so when I was at Target I could buy it.

Product #1
John Frieda's 7 Day Volume
$6 at Target

This was in one of the "Best Of" product reviews for getting volume in your hair. I have the world's flattest, finest hair. I have literally had a hairdresser swear trying to get my hair to hold a curl (my current stylist is a genius in case you're wondering about my curls from Saturday). So I am always on the lookout for good volumizers that are low maintenance. This fit the bill- and worked!

You use it every 2-3 shampoos and it's supposed to give you volume for 7 days. I tried it for the first time last night. Wash and condition like normal in shower (they recommend their product of course burnt have my own I just bought) and then squeeze wet hair and put 3-4 pumps in wet hair. Wait 3-5 minutes (shave your legs ladies, it's summer soon) and then wash out.

Full disclosure: the product feels gross. It made my hands feel weird and my neck where it touched. And my hair feels a little "producty" today which I don't 100% love.

BUT it worked. I woke up with a ton of volume even though I didn't follow the directions and blow dry. So the gross feeling is totally worth it- plus is cheap and available at local stores and I don't have to order it online.

Hope you enjoyed this new little segment- more to come!

Tonight was Lower Fix and Yoga Fix- note to self: do yoga first because after lower your legs will not function.

In case you're wondering why I am still using 21 day videos and not Beachbody On Demand yet, I will explain tomorrow. Just know it was a long annoying process to get. For now, I am off to bed 💤



No comments:

Post a Comment