Wednesday, May 20, 2015

My first (and last?) attempt at Piyo

First things first... This was supposed to be a What I Ate Wednesday post. It started off promising...  
Cinnamon Vanilla Thomas bagel with butter before I hit the road with my coffee...

A banana when I got to work...
And Greek yogurt with Stevia around 10 

And then lunch. We had a staff meeting so I was too embarrassed to take a picture. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great... Lettuce salad and fruit- very healthy. Follows by a roll, cookie, and mashed potato bacon side dish. Eek.

Ok so I didn't get to skip my workout if I ate good but my day still wasn't ruined.

Supper was Italian Chicken Bake with carrots and the crust of Lucas' butter bread with a few peaches... Again, not bad.

And then I ate the damn cheesecake! It started with just a bite of my husbands.. And then Lucas wanted some. So I got "him" a piece... Aka he ate 5 bites and I ate the rest. 360 calories per piece.... Slow exhale. Damn Inlaws brought it over!

So off I trotted after Lucas went to bed to pay my penance. I picked Piyo Sweat because I really wanted to try Piyo. I love Pilates and I am starting to come around to Yoga so I thought this would be nice, especially since my legs are SO sore still. 

No. Not nice. I think the workout itself would have been ok but there was ZERO instruction from Chalene on what to do. Step out- croutch push-up- sun salutation- repeat but faster. The whole 38 minutes! I feel like maybe if you ordered the whole program there is a DVD that shows you how to do each move but not with Beachbody On Damd in which this is the only one you can access. I was disappointed for sure.

30 minutes on the bike catching up on my favorite blogs and Facebook and done for the night. Definitely didn't burn off that cheesecake.... Can I blame PMS for all this junk eating? Can't be because I lack all forms of self control right?

Ha! You say :) ok ok... I will get better... Eventually. Or decide a 6 pack by 30 was a dumb idea. One or the other- can't have both! 

No comments:

Post a Comment