Friday, May 22, 2015

TGIF

I decided to take yesterday as a rest day and try to get caught up on sleep- Lucas had other ideas by fussing from 9-11 but then at least he slept the rest of the night.

I had today off and I sent Lucas to daycare. I had a lot of Mommy guilt about it. As I do about sending him 2 days a week this summer. But I justify it as he needs the routine, the time with other kids, and I am basically a single mom half the month and I needs break.

I took a long overdue nap this morning and then set out for my run after lunch. I took a different route today and decided to tackle a route with a couple hills. I hate hills but I know there are a few on the half marathon route so I need to start incorporating them more. It was amazing to get outside again and run- even if I did take Jake with me and he annoyed me and pooped twice along the way. 3.1 miles in 32 minutes- not my best but not my worst. 

The one thing I enjoy about running is that when I am stressed, I let myself mull it all over on my run and then I need to let it go. I got my reviews back from my behavior conference that I did a couple months ago today. While the vast majority of the comments were good, a few were negative and my boss wanted to discuss hem just to see what the back story was. She wasn't mad and said that I hadn't done anything wrong after I explained (long story that I don't want to explain), but the perfectionist in me was just annoyed! Especially since so many other people expressed how much they enjoyed my presentation and said it was the best one of the day.  Growl. You win some, you lose some.

Two tips for the week.

Put your bananas in the fridge. The outside may go brown but the banana stays nice and firm. And it's a delicious treat on a hot day!

Cut your sandwiches in half. It makes it feel like you have more to eat :) Sandwiches are my go to lunch and summer meal but with my turkey, mustard, and 45 calorie bread they aren't always the most filling to my eyes.

I made homemade pizza for supper and the ingredients all cost me about $15- am I crazy or could I have ordered a pizza for cheaper? Or bought a frozen one! Note to self :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Mike works so no big plans for us but I'm sure Lucas and I will find something to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment