Friday, June 12, 2015

All caught up...

Now I remember why I don't skip a workout- because making it up sucks more than what actually doing it that day would have.... Okay maybe not because I felt really really crappy but still.

Thursday I did Chalean Exteme Burn Circuit 1 from Beachbody On Demand for my strength while Lucas was at daycare... And it was not that difficult at all. I DEFINITELY needed heavier weights to have gotten anything out of that workout.  Because I felt so crappy and was having stomach issues, I didn't get my run in while Lucas was at daycare like I planned to so I had to do it after he went to bed.... And after we had gone to a loca restaurant for our anniversary dinner. Note to self: running on nachos, steak and Parmesan fries, and chocolate torte is not a good idea! I felt like I was going to PUKE after 1.5 miles. At least the scenery was pretty! 

Fridays are supposed to be my rest day but I had a 3 mile run AND stretch and strengthen to make up!

Lucas was home and we managed to keep him up so we could go to story hour at the library. 

Reading is one of my favorite things in the world and I LOVED the summer reading programs so I hope Lucas does too! Because I napped when he napped, I had to run after Lucas went to bed (his bedtime is getting later and later which means mine is too- I wish I could learn to live on less sleep!) 

I felt like I was moving so slowly, especially when I looked up and saw the turkey vulchers circling above me!

The entire time I was running, I told myself I just had to do Yoga Fix even though I wanted to move to doing Pilates for my S & S day but when I got home, I did Pilates Fix- who am I? Felt good to have it done and be back on track!

When I got done, I was only going to eat a few pieces of watermelon.... 3/4 of a container later ;)

Tell me this happens to someone else?

Today I had a bachelorette party for a very dear friend from grad school. Got my toenails prettied up and grabbed a turkey sandwich and sweet potato fries from the restaurant before heading home to meet Lucas and Mike for Lucas' first parade. 

Doesn't look like it, but he did have fun! Note to self: white shorts are cute for a bachelorette party but not for a parade when your son is going to drool purple sucker all over you. Oh well- memories may be messy but I'm working to build a lifetime of fun ones with this little man of mine.

After the parade, we went over to a co- worker of Mike's... Why is it that a beer in the summer sun leads to the poor decision of ordering a Casey's pizza for supper?!? I've got a 2 month food baby going on ;) 

Ah well, tomorrow is a new day. 30 minutes on the bike to cross train, a hot shower to wash away the stickiness and bed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment