Sunday, June 7, 2015

First long run, sunburn and beer of the summer!

Happy Sunday everyone!

I am writing to you from the cozy cabin. Lucas has been a rockstar up here and is having a blast- if Mike and I didn't have to work on Tuesday we would stay up here all summer!
Lucas took a two hour nap in his pack and play this afternoon so I had a chance to lay out in the sun and read a few magazines... I forgot to put sunscreen on a few areas so I have a nice red color for the next few days!

Today was my first long run for half marathon training: 4 miles! I was a little nervous even though it was only 1 more mile than my usual runs. My legs have been sore lately from all the walking and running I did this week and they were still sore today even after a rest day. But it was a dream run.


I don't know what's up with my Map My Run... I definitely did not run 16.5 miles. Time is right and current pace was probably right but that's about it. I probably could have been a little faster but I stopped to take a picture of a turtle that scared the crap out of me!


Not exactly used to seeing those on my run. It's nice to have a different running path although this one has a lot more hills than anything else I run... Very proud I maintained about a 10 minute pace.

Decided to reward myself with a beer- sorry for the crappy picture. Not the best light in the living room.

Back home tomorrow and then my last day of work on Tuesday. Woo hoo! 


No comments:

Post a Comment