Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Ow... Ow... Ow.

There is a reason why there is a day in between my long run and the next run.... Because my body needs that day to recover. Oh man- I feel like I am broken even today. I usually take Lucas for a few walks each day and taking him out last night was torture because my body hurt so bad. We had a rough night all around- I had a stomachache and killer headache and Lucas decided to play from 12-2 a.m. This morning continued to be rough as we were both a little cranky from lack of sleep but we took a 3 hour nap this afternoon so we are back on track.... Except my body still hurts. I decided to do 30 minutes of cross training tonight instead of 2 miles- I like options in training. 

I am trying to keep motivated by this lovely gem that Map My Run sent me yesterday:

Did it once.... Will do it again!

I think part of the energy drain is just trying to figure out our finances now that we have a fence to replace. I really wanted to pay off a student loan this month but I'm getting a little gun shy now that I see how quickly big financial situations can occur. We are thinking about canceling doing our landscaping and replacing the fence instead and just ripping out the landscaping that we were going to fix and opening up the backyard... Have I ever mentioned that I HATE grown up decisions? I do.

Tomorrow is a 3.5 mile run and then REST day.... Hopefully I can find the motivation to get it done and not take my rest day early. We will see what sleep and Advil do for my pain.

Week is halfway over- where did June go? Seriously! Summer please stop going so fast. I have so much I want to get done with you. 

P.s. I had a co- worker contact me today because her friend was just diagnosed with breast cancer at 31! So every time she gets a chemo treatment, Jacqueline is contacting 5 people to check themselves... I think it's a great cause and also want to remind you all to give yourself a check! 

No comments:

Post a Comment