Saturday, June 20, 2015

The truths of my current state...

I listened to a lot of Suze Orman and she always tells people to stand in their truth. Well although my financial truth is pretty good this month, here are other truths going on right now.

1. Am I the only person that gains weight in the summer? I know most people lose weight because of the access to fresh fruits and veggies but their is also access to ice cream... And farmer markets with chocolate chip banana bread.... And 24/7 access to food at my house. At least at work I can only eat what I have brought unless I go scavengering (or go to the teachers' lounge) but at home I can grab anything anytime. I swear every day this week I have vowed to eat healthy and do 21 fix guidelines. And then I end up at Sanaa's in Sioux Falls with my husband for a date lunch. I can't even tell you what this is but there is such a thing as a Mediterranean diet right? 

We may have stopped at Cherry Berry after too... No pictures because I couldn't wait long enough ha ha! 

2. Karma is a b!tch. My husband got a stomach bug yesterday and I made fun of his moaning and groaning... And today I have a lesser version of it. Ugh! 

3. Because of stomach bug I did not get my cross training in today... I will bump it back to tomorrow and do my long run (5 miles... Gulp) on Monday when Lucas is at daycare so I can do it in early morning because...

4. I cannot stand running in the heat. I did 3.5 miles on Thursday around 2 and it sucked the life out of me. When I got home and realized I was supposed to run AND do strength I wanted to cry. I sat down to stretch and watch an episode of Pretty Little Liars and then I was going to do it before I had to pick up Lucas but then Ford called to tell me my car was fixed so I had to go deal with that fiasco (it wasn't fixed yet.....). So I skipped strength with the intention to do it Friday but with his stomach bug Mike couldn't watch Lucas for me and all day with a 1 year old had me exhausted and I just didn't want to do anything but sleep which elads me to the final truth...

5. If I don't get some serious energy and motivation, I am worried I won't be able to do my half in September. My last run left me feeling broken. My legs were heavy and I felt slow even though my pace was normal. And it wasn't even a long run. I am hoping it was just heat and not being properly hydrated but there is always that fear after a bad run. Watching Lucas learn to walk and thinking about how much he must have to build his muscles too... Maybe we can do it together! 

We had crazy storms last night. Hopefully they don't hit again tonight so I can sleep. Two of our neighbors lost entire trees.  This picture doesn't even begin to capture it.


Imagine the hurricane pictures they show on TV... That's what it reminded me of! 


No comments:

Post a Comment