Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Day 8 and 9- time for a mental health day

Here is a quick recap of day 8 from my Instagram (5mylife)


That is Birds Eye brand buffalo cauliflower if you can't see it. I still don't like cauliflower very much but this was good.  Turkey Meatloaf is from 21 Day Fix Extreme guide and it was really flavorful and filling! 

30 minutes of running to end my day because I shut my early alarm off and went back to bed for awhile... At least I got r in! 

Today's eats included:
Breakfast: half of a bagel with peanut butter
Morning snack: yogurt and banana
Lunch: same as yesterday- stew meat, rice and cucumbers
Snack: clementines, almonds and celery with PB2 and some candy... Couldn't help myself... And then I had some tuna on crackers because I was STILL hungry... Or was I just bored? I don't know

Supper: leftover meatloaf, the crust of Lucas' peanut butter sandwich and some cucumbers

And one of these:

They were good but I moved them to my husband's side of the snack cabinet ... I have better things to invest my cheat calories on!

Gifts for last night and tonight for 24 days of Christmas:


Not so impressed with his pajamas.... Just wait until he sees Mom and Dad in matching ones for pajama night!


Today's gift was a finger puppet bath mat from our Bluum box. No picture of him holding it because it got tossed at me as he ran to try to open other gifts... Kids :)

No workout tonight. This mama is done. For the past few weeks Lucas has had a meltdown every time we have tried to separate at early childhood and I feel frustrated because is my kid having the meltdown but also because I feel like I am inconveniencing the staff so I end up staying with him. If they would give me even a hint of reassurance or advice, I would feel better about leaving him. But they don't... One more week so I'm trying to let it go but it's tough. I don't want my kid to be "that kid" but I also have no good ideas for how to help him work through it. After the holidays we are goingto have  grandparents come more often to babysit so Lucas gets used to us leaving more but that's the only idea I have so far... Any other parents have advice and I am open.

So I am spent and curling up with some trashy TV and venting here seemed like a much better idea... Hopefully this extra rest kicks my cold for good. I'm so tired of coughing.

Stay balanced everyone... I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment