Sunday, December 13, 2015

Meal Prep for the Week

After you binge eat for the weekend, you need to take a good hard look at your meal planning for the week ;) so instead of resting like I was supposed to while my husband and in laws took Lucas to the Butterfly House, I meal prepped instead. Here is how you do it:

Step 1: clean dirty dishes so you can use sink and have room for new dirty dishes.



Step 2: lay everything you need to prep out so you don't forget anything.  I had already started my pork loin in BBQ sauce in the crockpot but needed to bake my spaghetti squash and sweet potato , cut pineapple/peppers/cucumber/broccoli, and wash apples/cutecumbers/spinach/lettuce.  The carrots got put back because I decided my husband could peel them when he made the roast tomorrow. 

This was my first time making spaghetti squash so I was glad Hy-vee had directions next to the squash.

Except mine took an hour to get tender. 


Step 4- chop and cut and measure and Baggie and get your fridge to look like this!  Here is my meal plan for week:

Breakfast: shake with spinach and fruit and a bagel with peanut butter

Lunch: spaghetti squash or baked potato topped with bbq pork and a veggie- either a salad or cutecumbers

Snack- fruit and almonds or fruit and veggies with avocado/hummus

Supper:
Roast with veggies
Honey mustard chicken sandwiches
Sesame chicken with green beans
Tuna muffins
Spaghetti 
Homemade pizza 

Except for the squash and pork loin, I was done in 35 minutes. Not too bad for timing! 

I have forgotten to share our 25 days of Xmas experiences. Friday we drove around and saw Christmas lights. Poor Lucas couldn't see much from his car seat. Saturday was watching holiday movies- Thomas the train and Curious George for the win.

Today was my favorite so far.... Matching holiday pajamas.  Lucas tried to hide from any photos.


But eventually I found him.


I may want to smack my husband 90% of the time, but there is this magical 10%.


I feel like Curious George and he feels like a graham cracker. But it's pretty sweet to lay here in our matching pjs :) 

Happy Sunday :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment